Facebook Instagram Pinterest Teachers Pay Teachers Image Map

Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Made It III

Yo! Linking up with Tara again at 4th Grade Frolics!



This week's Monday Made It is simple yet awesome.

I know everyone has heard of Boggle (and many use the game in their classroom) but have you ever heard of Noggle? No? Well that's probably because I just invented it.



Here's what you need to make your own Noggle Game
- Sentence Strip holder (I found some for $1 at the Target dollar bins)
THESE free numbers from A Cupcake For the Teacher (more awesome uses can be found on her blog)


The object of Noggle is to multiply number neighbors together to try and get as close as possible to 100. For example I could multilply 3 x 6 = 18, 18 x 5 = 90 Pretty close!


My hope is my students practice their multiplication and develop a better understanding of what a number is worth!

And if you're wondering where I got the odd name of Noggle, here's my thought process: since the game is similar to Boggle except with Numbers, I took off the B and added an N.... :)

Cheers!






18 comments:

  1. I made boggle letters and numbers for a game called math it up...I got both ideas from another blog. Would love for you to stop by and check them out!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Noogle. Great idea!

    Farrah
    ThinkShareTeach

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how it turned out! Such a great concept. I could definitely do this with adding for my second graders, and choose a number for them to get close too. What a great math station that could be- thanks! Great great idea! :D

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it & are thinking of using it! :)

      Delete
  4. Just bought a bunch more of those pockets at Target. Love your idea of how to use them. Just found your darling blog~
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea. I will be implementing boggle for the first time this year and wanted to do something similar with math. I saw something that involves addition but I teach fifth grade and that didn't quite fit. But I love you idea of Noggle. I will definitely be implementing it this school year. Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower.

    Katrina
    Teacherofscholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I'm seeing other options too! It could be to try to make a number sentence. I see 4+2=6 and 3x2= 6. I'm teach math 3 times a day this year and an excited to do this!

    Mercedes
    Surfingtosuccess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie!

    I love this idea and am getting ready to introduce it to my class. I have created a fun worksheet for this that I'm going to post as a freebie on my TpT and Teachers Notebook stores. Check either (or both) link out by following my facebook page link: www.facebook.com/ErinBStore
    (I don't have time to blog!)
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi again, Katie!

    Since my last comment was posted I HAVE created a blog, and I just gave you a shout-out because I love this idea so much!! My students (especially my boys!) just ate this up! I teach fifth grade and so I changed it to a 4x4 board, but otherwise my goal is much the same. Pop over and check it out! :)

    Happy Easter!

    Erin B
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for this resource! I also changed it up a bit since I teach 5th-8th grades. I asked them to roll a 20 sided die to fill in the numbers and use PEMDAS to get as close to 100 as possible. I may also have them roll the die an extra time to get the target number they want to create (instead of 100). Thank you again!

    Megan E

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will definitely add this to my interactive board when I get back to school. My kids will love it. Thanks for sharing.
    Beti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its been more appreciated part regarding their success and abilities and we would almost be liable to produce some more evident principles and ideas, also getting of such more evident principles will be of great nature. how to write a dissertation introduction

    ReplyDelete